Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Steel Wool for the Soul


As the point of creating a blog was to give myself an incentive to write, to be beholden to something other than my own slack ideals, I have to decided to set a goal of writing 250 words a day. The 250 words can be about anything, they can be short stories, descriptions, essays, or continuations of larger bodies of work. Once a week I will post at least one of these exercises on the blog. As I have given myself a week's time to write and post they will be pieces that are relatively unedited. I am taking the steel wool to my syntax, tuning up my cadence, polishing my voice. In other words, a little spring cleaning for my creativity.

Why publish it in on a blog? Believe me, I keep asking myself this. I guess it is a way to keep myself in check. Hopefully, eventually it will loosen the cogs and something greater will be produced. For now, it's about quantity with the hope that quality will follow.

I hope to eventually fill this space with something other than my rusty ramblings, but for now I'll give what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment